Monday, May 30, 2011

Monday Morning Material: FInal Living Tradition

We will wrap up our look at the living traditions, at least in a formal way, by examing our last:
Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature.

This topic happens to be a favorite of mine and one I hold dear, so I imagine we live it in many simple, daily ways.

In fact, I haven't come up with a single activity or idea that stands out like in the previous weeks.

My mind does this: pottery- clay from the earth, maybe weaving- what about a garden loom, how about planting or volunteering at a nature preserve, cleaning up the beach is always a good idea, what about collecting and using herbs, how about a thankful spot in your garden- a place to leave treats for the birds and other animals, maybe a walk to look for animal footprints, of course writing to your representatives is always a good way to help celebrate life by protecting life.

See my problem? There isn't one way to go ahead celebrating the circle of life, or observing it and giving it the respect it deserves. I think our daily living reflects this cycle almost more than an activity. One area we are passionate about is preserving the harvest and eating foods in season. While this isn't always possible, given our cold, snowy winter- I do believe we can do our best to
show our deep gratitude and concern but leaving a smaller footprint.

And of course, one of the best ways to obtain ideas is to ask the kids what they think.

I know our family has enjoyed this adventure, I hope you did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment